My name is Julian Webb, and my wife and I live on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia…… and a bit differently, we live on a boat, it makes for a great view…………. and there’s no lawns to mow.
– Like a lot of folks these days we realised that if we wanted to do silly things, like eat…… we had to find a source of extra income……. and with no rich relatives to kill, we looked around and stumbled across Internet Marketing.
– With low to no investment it seemed perfect
- All you needed was a computer and time, right
– As we had those 2 covered, we only needed the method, so about a year ago I started researching.
– After spending thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours, I expected to pretty much know it all, or at least have a damn good grip on it, BUT just like 9 out of 10 folks who contact me…………….. I’d learned a huge amount, had collected lot’s of info………….. but didn’t seem to be there yet, and worse…………….. I WASN’T SURE WHY NOT
Was I just too stupid to get it?
– I’m not the smartest guy in the room, but I can tie my own shoe laces in the dark………… so where was I going wrong?
– Finally I figured out what I think is the reason ssooo many normal, intelligent folks, just like you…….. and maybe me on a good day, were finding this difficult, so if you’ll bear with me I’ll give you my opinion of where the problem lies.
TAKE A DEEP BREATH IT’S NOT YOU
– Assuming you have basic computer skills, have the discipline to apply yourself for a couple of hours at a time, and can tie that all together with the IQ of a glass of warm milk, you should be able to buy any one of the 50+ “make $200 a day” systems that you get bombarded with every day……….. and well, make yourself $200 a day, right?
Well YES if you’re lucky, but on average NO, sound familiar?
– See when we were growing up, more than likely up someone in our family had a car. We saw, heard, watched and probably rode in cars.
– We might not have known how to drive one BUT we “absorbed” things about cars, and even if we never drove one…………. we ended up knowing quite a bit about them…………. just by coexisting
– Enter the PC/Internet era, again we participated, caught up, learned, absorbed, even if only through our jobs, struggled at times but we came out the other end with most of our hair in tact, and a whole lot more knowledge. - Mostly we had time and opportunity to “catch up”.
– Now….. this Internet Marketing/Making Money Online thing, to me and everyone I’ve spoken to at least, came out of the blue. - Every 6 figure marketer will spout about how he’s been “making money online for a million years”…….. but none of them ever mixed with me or anyone I’ve ever met, and if they were, would they likely tell anyone about it anyway?
– So we are SUDDENLY confronted with a whole new vocabulary like CTR, CPC, Autoresponder, redirects, squeeze pages, SEO, SMO, PLR and lead magnets……….. what?
– THE BIG THING IS WE’VE HAD NO TIME TO ABSORB OR “PRE LEARN” any of these, and suddenly you have to learn or master 5 or 6 totally new concepts………… AND you have to master them all BEFORE you’re going to be able to implement that “easy $200 a day” method you just paid for!!! - For most of us I think it’s called a “vertical learning curve”
– Again, I’m the slow kid in the room, but I found email follow up campaigns, autoresponders, deciphering tracking pixels/Click Magic etc, a bit of a step, it’s maybe just me, but on top of all the other “simple” things I’d just battled through, I was feeling a bit battered.
IT’S ALL ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU FEEL VERY INADEQUATE…….. AND MAYBE GIVE UP
– Now I should say right here that not all Vendors or Offers are bad…….. but just enough that if you hit one first time out in your “vertical learning curve” phase…….. it could be enough for you to throw in the towel…………. and fall into the basket of one of the 90-95% of Newbies that don’t make it.
– So after I climbed out of that basket, dusted off my dented ego, I figured the only answer, for me at least, was to educate myself and learn all these new and apparently confusing things……….. at my own pace. That way I figured I should at least stand a chance.
– After a few months, yep I know slow again, I figured it was still going to be a big ask to master everything, so my logic was to pick someone who:
1) Had an established history of product creation and/or marketing
2) Had a good product or products to sell
3) Answered emails and questions about their products and
4) Had an established “back end” i.e. they were all set up with a “Sales Machine” to follow up with an autoresponder sequence with different offers OTO’s etc etc
– Then it seemed simple to us that all we had to do is get a handle on driving traffic, the one that you need to promote everything anyway, and send it to this established, reputable Vendor.
– So stick with us and we’ll post as we work through training which goes from, “I’m a Newbie, what’s a Domain and how do I get one”, through your very own digital product creation, to having a ready-to-go network of eager marketers to promote your product to thousands of targeted customers, brilliant.